The Municipality of the District of Shelburne has created a Community Art Fund, which is being offered for the first time this 2018/19 fiscal year. This grant provides an opportunity for individuals, with a passion for art, to share their creative vision by creating something for the public to enjoy.
Local artists are invited to submit proposals for projects that engage the community and result in short-term or permanent artwork, or an artistic enhancement to a public space located in the Municipality of Shelburne.
There is up to $5000 available for funding. Proposals can be submitted for up to that amount or less.
• Name and complete mailing address, phone number and email address
• Cover letter with brief introduction
• Resume and biography of the artist
• Project description detailing the vision, partners, timeline and how the project meets the guidelines and criteria of Policy 32, Community Art Fund
• Project budget which is balanced (total revenues match total expenditures)
• Any additional information to support your proposal such as a letter of support from a community group, organization, or partner
Deadline for submissions is: Friday, July 2018, at 4:00 pm.
Proposals can be submitted to:
Municipality of Shelburne
c/o Adam Dedrick, Recreation & Parks
136 Hammond St., PO Box 280
Shelburne NS, B0T 1W0