District 6 - Deputy Warden David Levy
Born in London UK in 1944. Obtained a B.Sc in Biochemistry from Birmingham University. Worked for IBM UK as a computer scientist before emigrating to Canada in 1977 and have worked in high tech ever since, initially in the corporate world and then running my own companies.
- In 1988 founded Plaintree the first Ethernet switching company and, took it public in 1993
- Founded Loran a network management company in 1993 sold it to Peregrine Systems in 2000, then purchased by HP.
- In 2001, I took over as CEO of a failing public company - Sigem – renamed it Mobile Knowledge restructured it and took it private, turning it into a profitable stable world leader for in-vehicle taxi, limousine and transit management.
- In 2004, I picked up the pieces of a software communications company Objectworld rebuilt it into a successful unified communications company and sold it in 2009 to Adtran an international leader in telecommunications.
- I am Chairman of a successful Ottawa company e|djuster which provides content loss claims adjustment services to most Canadian insurance companies and many in the US.
- In 2015 became Chairman of Allendale Electronics
I am married to my beautiful wife Kim and we have a son Jacob. I have 2 children from a former marriage and we have 4 grandchildren.
Kim and I run a ranch and farm “Dancing with Horses”. My hobbies are training my horses and dogs, and playing bridge.
Deputy Warden David Levy