Providing Opportunity for kids in sport

Kids Fair Play Fund

Kids Fair Play Fund provides funding to Shelburne County children and youth from families facing financial barriers so they can participate in recreation, sport, and cultural activities. It is a partnership between the five municipal units of the County; Municipality of Shelburne, Town of Shelburne, Town of Lockeport, Municipality of Barrington and Town of Clark’s Harbour. It also receives support from local businesses, community groups, and individuals.

Application period opens April 1, 2024

  1. Applicants must be aged 18 or younger
  2. Funds can be used for registration and/or equipment
  3. Total funding will not exceed $200 per application period
  4. Application period is April 1st to December 31st
  5. Approval is based on financial eligibility and Stats Canada’s LICO (Low Income Cut-Offs)
  6. Application will not be reviewed until all information is received
  7. Complete applications will receive a letter within one week after submission notifying of the status
  8. Only one activity per application is eligible
  9. Older versions of the application will not be accepted

To determine financial eligibility for funding, one of the following must be provided for each parent in the household with an application:
a) Most recent CRA Notice of Assessment
b) Social Income Assistance Statement
c) Child Benefit Statement
d) Endorsement from the Department of Community Services

Online Application
Click the button below and follow the instructions.

Paper Application
KidsFair Play Fund Application 2024

  1. Print and fill out the application form and include any documents required to determine financial eligibility
  2. Submit the completed application and required documents in one of the following ways:
    • In-person: Municipality of Shelburne Recreation & Parks Department, 414 Woodlawn Drive, Shelburne
    • Mail: P.O. Box 280, Shelburne NS, B0T 1W0
    • Email: Scan completed application and required documents and email to

How YOU can help a child or youth

The Kids Fair Play Fund Sponsorship Program gives you the opportunity to help children and youth that face financial barriers by giving a donation. A donation can be any amount and no amount is too small. Your donation can sponsor one child or multiple, depending on the amount. The funds go directly toward registration or equipment costs. All donations receive a letter of acknowledgement and a receipt.

How to make a donation:

  1. Cheque: Make cheque out to “Kids Fair Play Fund”. Cheque can be mailed to P.O. Box 280, Shelburne, NS, B0T 1W0 or delivered in person to the Municipal Administration Building located at 414, Woodlawn Drive, Shelburne.
  2. Cash: A cash donation can be delivered in person to the Municipal Administration Building located at 414, Woodlawn Drive, Shelburne.
  3. Online: Can be made with a credit card. Follow instructions below.

How to donate online:

  1. Click the “Donate Now” button below
  2. Add the desired donation amount to your cart and click “Continue”
  3. Enter your Email, Name and Date of Birth, and select “yourself” for the “Who are you registering?” question, and click “continue”
  4. Enter your address, phone number and sign waiver, and click “continue to cart”
  5. Enter payment information and create a password, click “Complete” to make your donation.

You will receive an email confirmation for your donation. You can also log back in to the account to print receipts, if needed.

For help with the online donation process, contact Adam Dedrick at 902-875-3544 ext. 225.

Other Sources of Support:

Canadian Tire Jumpstart

Provides funding of up to $300 per child per season and $600 per year for sport registration and/or equipment. Proof of family income is required. Visit Canadian Tire Jumpstart or contact your local Recreation Department for more information.


Provides funding of up to $300/year/child for sport registration/equipment. It must be for a sport registered with Sport Nova Scotia and proof of family income is required. Visit KidSport or contact your local Recreation Department for more information.