As part of our continued efforts to contain the spread of COVID-19, our offices are currently closed to the general public until at least June 1, 2020. This coincides with the Province's renewal of the provincial State of Emergency until May 31, 2020.
Residents are encouraged to visit novascotia.ca/coronavirus to stay up-to-date on the provincial response.
We thank everyone for helping with the community effort to reduce the risk of spreading COVID-19.
The Council and staff of the Municipality of the District of Shelburne recognize that our primary responsibilities are:
- To provide the best local government possible within the parameters of fiscal responsibility
- To provide sustainable economic development within the area
- To promote an environment that provides social and economic well being, security, health and growth
- To provide a local government that is open and responsive to the needs of the people we serve
- To encourage the promotion and preservation of our heritage and culture
- A commitment to the principles of the Canadian Charter of Human Rights
People who live in the Municipality of Shelburne enjoy a safe and friendly environment and a more relaxed lifestyle.
Whether you’ve lived here your whole life, are new to the area or exploring places to move, we want to help you understand our area and how our local government contributes to the growth and prosperity of our communities