Monday, April 23, 2018, Council Meeting
Please join Council on Monday, April 23, 2018, at 5:00 pm for the Council Meeting. To view the Agenda click here.
With the goal of having a diverse range of grant opportunities, the Municipality of the District of Shelburne has created a Community Art Fund, which is being offered for the first time this 2018/19 fiscal year. This grant provides an opportunity for individuals, with a passion for art, to share their creative vision by creating something for the whole community to enjoy and interact with.
Local Artists are invited to submit proposals for projects that will engage our communities during the creative process, resulting in the creation of something tangible for the community to enjoy. Examples may include the creation of a short-term or permanent artwork or an artistic enhancement to a neighborhood or publicly accessible space.
To apply please submit the following: (please reference Policy 32, Community Art Fund here)
• Name and complete mailing address, phone number and email address
• Cover letter with brief introduction
• Resume and biography of the artist
• Project description detailing the vision, partners, timeline and how the project meets the guidelines and criteria of Policy 32, Community Art Fund
• Project budget which is balanced (total revenues match total expenditures)
• Any additional information to support your proposal such as a letter of support from a community group, organization, or partner
Proposals can be submitted to:
Municipality of Shelburne
c/o Adam Dedrick, Recreation & Parks
136 Hammond St., PO Box 280
Shelburne NS, B0T 1W0
Each year the Municipality recognizes local volunteers by requesting nominations for individuals and groups who volunteer. All nominees will be invited to attend a reception being held to honor volunteers from across eastern Shelburne County. The reception is being hosted by the Municipality of the District of Shelburne on Tuesday, April 17, 2018 at the Sandy Point Lighthouse Community Centre.
Click here for more information and to access the Nomination Form.
Work, live and explore Shelburne!