The Fastest, High Speed Internet Arrives in the District of Shelburne and Town of Lockeport!
- Published: Friday, 28 February 2020 14:36
The Municipality of the District of Shelburne has partnered with Bell Canada and Develop Nova Scotia to bring the best high-speed internet available in Canada to approximately 95% of its residents and businesses, and it is anticipated this project will be completed within the next 11 months.
“Bell Canada has provided maps and expected timelines which can be found on the municipal website and social media. I encourage everyone to visit our website or to call our Municipal office for more information. We understand that this recent announcement will provide access to most residents and businesses, but not to everyone. We will continue to work with Bell Canada in submitting a proposal in May to Develop Nova Scotia to bring access to the rest of the Municipality. We know access to the internet is essential for the education of our youth, with the recruitment of professionals to the area, increasing economic development opportunities and will help us stay connected with family and friends”, stated Warden Penny Smith.
Mayor Harding of the Town of Lockeport is pleased to be partnering with the Municipality of the District of Shelburne, Develop Nova Scotia and Bell Canada in bringing this vital service to the residents and businesses within the Town.
The following links are maps detailing where internet will be provided, including estimated timelines:
- pdf Birchtown (145 KB)
- pdf Churchover (81 KB)
- pdf Jordan Ferry (83 KB)
- pdf Ohio Road & Welshtown (127 KB)
- pdf Sandy Point (76 KB)
For information regarding civic addresses now able to access Bell Canada's internet please click the following links - available as of February 24, 2020.
- pdf Bridgton Road, West Head, Part of East Green Harbour (113 KB)
- pdf Clyde River, Quinns Falls, Beaverdam and Clinton Road (103 KB)
- pdf East Green Harbour (90 KB)
- pdf East Jordan (119 KB)
- pdf East Sable Road, Jones' Harbour, McLeans Lake, Little Port L'Hebert (146 KB)
- pdf Gunning Cove (101 KB)
- pdf Jordan Bay (119 KB)
- pdf Little Harbour, Rockland Road, East Ragged Island (78 KB)
- pdf Lockeport (76 KB)
- pdf Middle Ohio, Back Lake, Lake Deception (105 KB)
- pdf Northeast Harbour, Ingomar, Round Bay (88 KB)
- pdf Osbourne, Pleasant Point, Canada Hill (87 KB)
- pdf Port Clyde, Port Saxon, Northwest Harbour (88 KB)
- pdf Roseway (83 KB)
- pdf Sable River, West Sable, Louis Head (91 KB)
- pdf Upper Clyde Road (91 KB)
- pdf West Green Harbour (102 KB)
To find out information on Bell Canada’s current internet and bundle rates please go to www.bellcanada.ca.