Grants to Organizations
Organizations requesting financial assistance through the Municipal Grants to Organizations Program for fiscal 2024/2025 must forward their application to the Community Development Coordinator no later than January 31, 2024.
You can download and complete this Municipal Grants to Organization Application Form Policy 21-Grants to Organizations.
The final report is due March 31st and can be found here: GTO Final Report Form Fillable
The Grants Policy and Application Form are also available from the Municipality of the District of office at 414 Woodlawn Drive, Shelburne. Grant requests will only be accepted in the form of a completed Application.
Kids Fair Play Fund
Kids Fair Play Fund provides financial support to children and youth (ages 4-18) from Shelburne County to participate in recreation, sport and cultural activities. Funds can be used for registration fees and equipment. Applications can be submitted for up to $300 per child (per year).
- Fill out the online application or submit a paper application form.
- Applications require a Reference, which is an individual that is familiar with the child/family personal and financial situation and can verify that the child requires financial assistance. This individual should be an adult who knows the child/family but is not a relative or friend. Only the name and phone number of the Reference will be required and will be contacted directly. The Reference will NOT have to sign the form.
- Applicants can expect to be contacted with the results of their application within 10 business days of applying. Applications are confidential.
- There are no application deadllines so applications can be submitted at any time throughout the year.
How to Apply
Online Application KFPF – Apply right from your smartphone or home computer.
Paper Application Form KFPF – Fill out the paper form and submit it by email, fax or in person.
Paper Application forms can be submitted in one of the following ways:
In-Person: 414 Woodlawn Drive
Mail: P.O. Box 280, Shelburne NS B0T 1W0
Other Sources of Support
Canadian Tire Jumpstart
Provides funding of up to $300 per child per season and $600 per year for sport registration and/or equipment. Proof of family income is required. Visit www.jumpstart.canadiantire.ca or contact your local Recreation Department for more information.
Provides funding of up to $300/year/child for sport registration/equipment. It must be for a sport registered with Sport Nova Scotia and proof of family income is required. Visit www.kidsport.ca or contact your local Recreation Department for more information.
Donations to Kids Fair Play Fund
Financial donations can be made and receipts will be provided for income tax purposes. Donations can be cash or cheque and can be mailed to P.O. Box 280, Shelburne NS B0T 1W0. Cheques are to be made out to Kids Fair Play Fund.
If you have any questions or need assistance with an application please contact your respective Municipal unit:
- Municipality of the District of Shelburne (902) 875-3544 ext 225
- Town of Shelburne (902) 875-2991 ext 8
- Town of Lockeport (902) 656-2565
- Municipality of Barrington (902) 637-2015 ext 239
- Town of Clark’s Harbour (902) 745-2390